[10/27/22 - 08:31 AM] Video: "The Calling" - Official Trailer - Peacock Original The series tells the story of NYPD Detective Avraham Avraham, whose belief in mankind is his superpower when it comes to uncovering the truth.
[via press release from Peacock]
The Calling | Official Trailer | Peacock Original
The Calling is streaming November 10th on Peacock: https://pck.tv/3LRFVbL
Synopsis: THE CALLING tells the story of NYPD Detective Avraham Avraham, whose belief in mankind is his superpower when it comes to uncovering the truth. Guided by a deep sense of spirituality and religious principles, Avraham is left to question his own humanity when a seemingly routine investigation turns upside down.
From Emmy Award Winning Executive Producer David E. Kelley, Academy Award Winning Director Barry Levinson
and Co-Composers Hans Zimmer and Steve Mazzaro
THE CALLING Premieres Exclusively On Peacock
Thursday, November 10 With All 8 Episodes Dropping at Launch
These cases will have you guessing until the very end. Stream #TheCallingPeacock November 10, only on @PeacockTV
A NOTE FROM SHOWRUNNER / EXECUTIVE PRODUCER / WRITER DAVID E. KELLEY
Dror Mishani wrote a riveting and emotionally complicated series of books, the center of which is Avraham. Avi is a deeply mysterious, spiritual and compelling detective unlike any protagonist I've encountered before. Jeff Wilbusch brings him to rich and hypnotic life in front of the camera, and behind the camera Barry Levinson is... Barry Levinson. What a privilege to have him at the helm. Add Hans Zimmer to the mix, and the final product is something we hope thrills, moves, and instills a bit of hope in the audience.
- David E. Kelley
A NOTE FROM CO-COMPOSERS HANS ZIMMER AND STEVE MAZZARO
Our goal with The Calling was to write a score that constantly keeps every character a suspect throughout. We used a variety of raw and gritty-sounding stringed instruments coupled with pulsing synths, contrasted by a beautifully haunting duduk performance from our good friend, Pedro Eustache for Avi's character. We've also manipulated real-world sounds such as jail cells and door sounds hidden within our percussion.
- Hans Zimmer & Steve Mazzaro
ABOUT THE SERIES
THE CALLING tells the story of NYPD Detective Avraham Avraham, whose belief in mankind is his superpower when it comes to uncovering the truth. Guided by a deep sense of spirituality and religious principles, Avraham is left to question his own humanity when a seemingly routine investigation turns upside down.
ABOUT THE SERIES:
· Showrunner / Writer / Executive Producer: David E. Kelley
· Executive Producers: Jason Horwitch, Jonathan Shapiro, Matthew Tinker (Kelley's producing partner), Keshet Studios' Peter Traugott and Lisa Roos, Keshet International's Alon Shrutzman, Keshet Media Group's Avi Nir and Keshet Broadcasting's Karni Ziv
· Director (multiple episodes, including 101) / Executive Producer: Barry Levinson
· Co-Executive Producer: Heather Brewster
· Author / Executive Producer: Dror A. Mishani
· Co-Composers: Hans Zimmer and Steve Mazzaro
· Cast: Jeff Wilbusch, Juliana Canfield, Karen Robinson and Michael Mosley
· Guest Cast: Constance Zimmer, Chris Sullivan, Ben Shenkman, Rafael Cebrián, Danielle Davenport, Noel Fisher, Annabelle Dexter-Jones, Christopher Mann, Steven Pasquale, Stephanie Szostak, Tony Curran, Matthew Del Negro, James Cusati Moyer and Derrick Delgado
· Produced By: Keshet Studios, the U.S. production arm of global content producer and distributor Keshet International, and Universal Television, a division of Universal Studios Group
· Format: 8 x 60 min episodes, investigative drama series