CBS DOMINATES SUNDAY FROM SUNRISE THROUGH PRIMETIME
The Network Averaged 12.3 Million Viewers for the Day, Twice as Many as the Nearest Competitor
"CBS News Sunday Morning" Averaged 4.71 Million Viewers, Posting Its Largest Audience Since May, and Has Ranked #1 in Viewers for 652 Weeks
CBS Sports' "NFL on CBS" National Game Window Is Most-Watched Program on Any Network Since Super Bowl LVII with 25.78 Million Viewers
"60 Minutes" Season Premiere Scores 11.80 Million Viewers, Its Most-Watched Broadcast Since November 2021
Debut Of "Yellowstone" on CBS Lassoes 6.83 Million Viewers, Up +10% from Scripted Premieres in Time Period Last Season, and Was the Most-Watched Entertainment Program of the Week
On Sunday, Sept. 17, CBS had an average-minute audience of 12.3 million viewers across the total day. This average is nearly two times that of our closest network competitor and nearly three times higher than Netflix's average audience for the day. This was CBS' most-watched Sunday since Sunday, Jan. 29, 2022, AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Sunday (12.3m vs. 17.0m). On a total-minutes basis, viewers consumed over 10.8 billion minutes of CBS content on Sunday.
· CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING averaged 4.71 million viewers, once again the #1 Sunday morning news show.
· CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING delivered its best viewer number since May.
· CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING was the most popular Sunday morning news program, delivering 4.71 million viewers, with 770,000 in adults 25-54.
· CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING has ranked #1 for 652 weeks in viewers and for 258 weeks among adults 25-54.
· CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING generated 18 million potential social impressions.
· FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN was the most popular Sunday morning public affairs program among the coveted adults and women 25-54 demos. For the third consecutive year, the broadcast continues its strong position as the #1 program in total viewers in its category.
· FACE THE NATION averaged 2.58 million total viewers, with 494,000 in adults 25-54.
· NFL ON CBS, which is off to its best start in 13 years, delivered the most-watched program on any network since Super Bowl LVII, as CBS Sports' national game window at 4:25 PM, ET, led by Jets-Cowboys, averaged 25.78 million viewers.
· Sunday's NFL ON CBS doubleheader averaged 21.15 million viewers, making it CBS Sports' most-watched Week 2 doubleheader since the NFL returned to CBS in 1998.
· The early game window at 1:00 PM, ET, led by Chiefs-Jaguars, is the most-watched NFL ON CBS Week 2 regional game window since the NFL returned to CBS in 1998 with 16.15 million viewers, up +17% vs. last year.
· Paramount+, featuring live NFL ON CBS local market games, recorded double-digit year-over-year growth in households, minutes and average-minute audience (AMA) vs. Week 2, 2022.
· The 56th season premiere of 60 MINUTES averaged 11.80 million viewers.
· This is the largest audience for 60 MINUTES since Nov. 14, 2021 (12.62m viewers).
· Compared to last year's premiere (Sept. 18, 2022), 60 MINUTES is up +16% among viewers (from 10.20m).
· 60 MINUTES was the #1 non-sports program of the week.
· On social, 60 MINUTES drove nearly 115 million potential social impressions on Sunday and its interview with Deion Sanders was the #1 top video on all of YouTube for Monday, Sept. 18 and Tuesday, Sept. 19.
· YELLOWSTONE's premiere on the CBS Television Network averaged 6.83 million viewers and was the #1 entertainment program of the week.
· YELLOWSTONE was up +10% from last year's premieres of THE EQUALIZER/ EAST NEW YORK on CBS on Oct. 2, 2022.
· In-show retention for YELLOWSTONE was solid, with nearly every quarter-hour retaining more than 90% of its prior quarter-hour viewership.
· On social, YELLOWSTONE drove 163 million potential social impressions* on Sunday. This was up from its prior seven-day average (+250%).
· BIG BROTHER capped off the night with a 10:49 PM start on the east coast, the program averaged 2.78 million viewers.
· BIG BROTHER drove over 308 million potential social impressions* on Sunday.