PARAMOUNT+ REVEALS THIS YEAR'S PEAK CONTENT
From "PAW Patrol: The Movie" to "Star Trek: Discovery," See What Everyone Was Streaming on Paramount+ in 2021
Dec. 16, 2021 - Paramount+ is wrapping up 2021 with a look at what was trending on the service this year, including everything from the most-binged series and top performing genres to the #1 most-watched and rewatched movies. Here is a look at what the peak content on Paramount+ was this year:
· PEAK ORIGINAL: STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, the critically acclaimed series that returned this year for its fourth season, was the #1 most-watched original. The new hit series iCARLY, which follows Carly Shay, the original influencer, and her friends navigating work, love and family now as adults, was the second-most-watched original series.
· PEAK GENRE: Kids & Family was the #1 most-watched genre, with Reality and Crime coming in a close second and third, respectively.
· PEAK DEBUT: MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN, the new scripted series starring Jeremy Renner and Dianne Wiest, was the #1 most-watched original series in its first 30 days and is the most-watched series on the service this quarter.
· PEAK FEMALE-LED TITLE: A QUIET PLACE PART II, the horror sequel starring Emily Blunt, was the #1 most-watched female-led series or movie.
· PEAK BINGE: SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS, an internationally beloved franchise with a deep catalog that appeals to both kids and adults, was the #1 most-binged series.
· PEAK DRAMA: SEAL TEAM, the fan-favorite military drama starring David Boreanaz, was the #1 most-watched drama, followed by the critically acclaimed and increasingly popular original series EVIL.
· PEAK DRIVERS FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS: Live sports such as THE NFL ON CBS were top acquisition drivers. Other top performing sports properties included UEFA and Concacaf.
· PEAK MOVIE: INFINITE, starring Mark Wallberg, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Jason Mantzoukas, was the #1 most-watched movie. The exclusive film also earned the spot for most-watched trailer and most-streamed thriller. A QUIET PLACE: PART II came in a close second for most-watched movie.
· PEAK REWATCH: PAW PATROL: THE MOVIE, the kids and family film that premiered the same day it hit theaters, was the most-rewatched movie.
· PEAK SPECIALS: ADELE ONE NIGHT ONLY, a special featuring a highly awaited performance by Adele and a candid interview in Oprah Winfrey's rose garden, was the #1 most-watched special.
· PEAK COMEDY: SOUTH PARK: POST COVID, the first of 14 specials coming to the service exclusively from legendary creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, was one of the #1 most-watched comedies together with returning original WHY WOMEN KILL.
· PEAK SOCIAL REALITY SERIES: RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS, the reality competition series starring the world's fiercest queens, was the #1 most-social reality series.
· PEAK DOWNLOAD: iCARLY's "iStart Over," the first episode in the reimagined iCARLY series starring Miranda Cosgrove, was the most-downloaded episode to watch on-the-go.
Paramount+ experienced monumental success in its inaugural year, debuting new originals and exclusives, including hit series such as EVIL, iCARLY, MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN, RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE: ALL STARS, SEAL TEAM, STAR TREK: PRODIGY and THE REAL WORLD HOMECOMING: LOS ANGELES. In 2021, the service also built a world-class movie library featuring thousands of popular titles, including new films such as A QUIET PLACE PART II, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG, INFINITE, PAW PATROL: THE MOVIE, SOUTH PARK: POST COVID, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS: SPONGE ON THE RUN and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: NEXT OF KIN.
Available now in 25 markets, the service has earned global recognition from the industry and consumers alike. Google Play users recently named Paramount+ the best app of 2021, while Morning Consult listed the service as the fastest-growing brand in 2021. Paramount+ has also been honored with nine Critics Choice Awards nominations for original series THE GOOD FIGHT and EVIL, which is tied for the second-most-nominated show this year.
New consumers can try Paramount+ for 30 days free by using the promo code PEAKSALE. The limited-time holiday promotion ends Dec. 31. In addition to the shows and movies that made this year's peak content list, this month's watchlist includes new series, originals and exclusives such as CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG, GHOSTS, MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN, QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE, RUMBLE (which premiered Dec. 15), SOUTH PARK: POST COVID: THE RETURN OF COVID (premiering today) and 1883 (premiering Dec. 19).
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
For more information about Paramount+, please visit www.paramountplus.com and follow @ParamountPlus on social platforms.