NBCUNIVERSAL ANNOUNCES INAUGURAL "PEOPLE'S CHOICE COUNTRY AWARDS" TELECAST AIRING IN SEPTEMBER ON NBC AND PEACOCK
In Partnership with the Grand Ole Opry, the Celebration of Country Music Is an Extension of the Popular Fan-Driven "People Choice Awards" Franchise
· The globally recognized "People's Choice Awards" is expanding with the announcement of the first-ever "People's Choice Country Awards" airing in September across NBC and Peacock, live from the world-famous Grand Ole Opry stage in Nashville.
· The two-hour telecast will lean into the rich connection between country music and the Opry through chart-topping musical performances, genre-bending collaborations, legendary tributes and surprise moments that regularly happen from the iconic venue.
· The only award show for the people and by the people, the "People's Choice Country Awards" will recognize the biggest and best country music has to offer chosen entirely by the fans across various categories. Several honorary awards will also be bestowed during the awards ceremony.
· The "People's Choice Country Awards" will extend to social platforms with All-Access Live bringing fans at home behind the scenes as well as interactively connecting country's most popular stars with their biggest fans.
· "We're excited to partner with the Grand Ole Opry to bring the year's biggest celebration in country music to Nashville," said Cassandra Tryon, Senior Vice President, Live Events, NBCUniversal Television & Streaming. "Country fans are passionate about their music and there's no better place to host this event than from country music's biggest stage."
· The telecast is produced by Den of Thieves with Jesse Ignjatovic, Evan Prager and Barb Bialkowski serving as Executive Producers
· The 2022 "People's Choice Awards," which aired across NBC and E!, bucked industry trends with year-over-year ratings growth on the broadcast network, and delivered 173 million total engagements across linear, digital and social platforms.
· This project is an example of collaboration resulting from NBCUniversal's equity investment in Opry Entertainment Group alongside Atairos, which was finalized last year.
· The "People's Choice Awards" was originally acquired by E! in 2017, with its first telecast airing on the network in 2018.