TRUE CRIME HIGHLIGHTS
Weeks of January 2 and January 9 2022
**All Air Dates Subject to Change
Investigation Discovery (ID) is the leading crime and justice network on television. Viewers can enjoy their favorite shows anytime, anywhere on discovery+, the definitive non-fiction streaming service, boasting the largest library of true crime.
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY PREMIERES
The programs below will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
MURDER IN THE WICKED WEST
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 9/8c
Set in an epic landscape where traditions of blood and vengeance run deep as the canyons and murder is still solved the old-school way, this gripping series reveals the most compelling murders committed in some of the wildest and most remote towns in the western U.S. With few or no witnesses, no CCTV and oftentimes a dead phone signal, these can be the hardest cases for cops to crack.
· Cowboy Conman Premieres Monday, January 2 at 9/8c
When cowboy Rick Godfrey goes missing in the Mojave desert, investigators discover he's seduced and swindled many women. Could one have taken revenge?
· No Honor Among Thieves Premieres Monday, January 9 at 9/8c
A prairie town sheriff uncovers a drug ring that includes its most powerful law enforcement officials. To help bring them down, he calls in the FBI. Just before the trial, the ring's kingpin does a deal, and days later, he's dead.
MURDER UNDER THE FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 10/9c
In small towns across the country, from the Texas Panhandle to rural Pennsylvania, high school football is what ties these community together. But that Friday night dream world can be surprisingly fragile. When a heinous murder shatters that dream, the aftershocks extend far beyond the victim's immediate family to ravage an entire community. From the football captain who targets his own team's cheerleaders, to the local football star gunned down by a jealous peer, these are stories of teenage dreams that turn into nightmares.
· A Killer's Bet Premieres Wednesday, January 4 at 10/9c A beloved high school football coach vanishes, baffling police. Then, they learn he ran a secret football betting ring among his friends, and a chain of clues leads cops to one of the gamblers who couldn't pay up.
· Devil Came to Dance Premieres Wednesday, January 11 at 10/9c When a popular teenage dancer suddenly disappears one day after practice, police have few leads until one of the dance team members reveals a man stalked her just days before her best friend's disappearance.
A TIME TO KILL
New Episodes Premiere Fridays at 10/9c
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim's life. In A TIME TO KILL, determined investigators must piece together events during this critical window to reconstruct the timeline, unlock the motive, and ultimately close in on the killer.
· Love is the Drug Premieres Friday, January 6 at 10/9c
For Connecticut detectives, unlocking the mystery of Anna Lisa Raymundo's murder hinges on identifying a mysterious 911 caller. But it's ultimately a veteran female detective from a neighboring state whose homicidal sex-play investigation breaks the grisly case wide open.
· Slaying in St. Petersburg Premieres Friday, January 13 at 10/9c
With two mortal gunshot wounds and tape residue on his wrists and ankles, it's clear that 21-year-old Landy Martinez was brutally tortured before being killed. And it's ultimately the victim's own cell phone that gives Florida detectives the evidence they need to close in on his killer.
discovery+/ID CONCURRENT TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
REAL PD: KANSAS CITY
Premieres Tuesdays at 9/8c on ID and Available to Stream on discovery+
KANSAS CITY, Kansas: a small city with a big violent crime problem, where the murder rate has nearly doubled in the last ten years. From a shocking homicide in a local deli, to a dramatic effort to take-down a local narcotics kingpin, a string of violent armed robberies and a fatal shooting in a trailer park, Real PD: Kansas City is a far cry from the Kansas of Dorothy and Toto. Filmed over a year with Kansas City, Kansas Police Department, each episode goes deep into one investigation, from the moment the 911 call is made. Using filming techniques that mix fixed rig cameras alongside single cameras, bodycam and go-pros and shooting round the clock 24/7 - the series explores its cases from all angles - from behind-the-scenes, on-the-shoulder access with the police, to the frank accounts of the suspects and the heart-breaking stories of the victims' families. Real PD: Kansas City follows full-scale manhunts, captures dramatic arrests and tracks guns from crime to crime, to offer a fresh, revelatory perspective on what lies behind these headline-making crimes.
· Killer Confusion Premieres Tuesday, January 3 at 9/8c On a late summer afternoon, a 30-year-old gay man is shot dead on a busy street. The victim's devastated family believes his new boyfriend may be responsible for the killing, but extraordinarily, no one has ever heard him speak, let alone know his name.
· Wall of Silence Premieres Tuesday, January 10 at 9/8c The brutal murder of a young basketball player in a drive-by-shooting leaves detectives with few clues about the killer. But could forensic evidence be the key to charging a suspect?
REAL TIME CRIME
Premieres Tuesdays at 10/9c on ID and Available to Stream on discovery+
Police and communities have a new weapon in the fight against crime. Across America, Real Time Crime Centers use surveillance cameras, tracking systems and gunshot detectors to solve crimes and bring criminals to justice. Every episode of this pulse-racing, six-part series features two high-octane stories with life and death stakes. Filmed across nine states, with exclusive access to nerve centers from New York to New Orleans, each story includes incredible CCTV footage along with interviews with the major protagonists - police solving the crimes, witnesses and the families of the victims.
· Tailgate Terror Premieres Tuesday, January 3 at 10/9c
Surveillance cameras in Toledo, Ohio, capture a drive-by shooting that rips a family apart when a 3-year-old boy dies. Then in Jonesville, Louisiana, a nightclub shooting of a police officer's son leads to a manhunt across state lines.
· Almost Home Premieres Tuesday, January 10 at 10/9c In Dallas, gunshots kill a man on the 4th of July, and detectives turn to a Real Time Crime Center to find the truth. Then, when the smoke clears from a raging fire in Washington, police discover that arson turns to murder -- and it's all caught on tape.
SEE NO EVIL
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere Wednesdays at 9/8c
SEE NO EVIL reveals how the deadliest crimes are solved by the only witnesses that never lie -- and where murderers have no place to hide: surveillance cameras.
· I Will Follow Premieres Wednesday, January 4 at 9/8c
When a killer executes 19-year-old Abigail Gasca-Chavez in her own home, the only witnesses are her toddler child and neighborhood surveillance cameras. Detectives close in on a suspect, but when he heads for the Mexican border, it's a race against time.
· Someone You Trust Premieres Wednesday, January 11 at 9/8c
In Tracy, California, in 2009, a little girl vanishes after playing at a friend's house, leaving her family desperate for answers. With no leads and few clues, investigators must rely on surveillance footage to piece together the horrifying truth.
New Episodes Premiere Sundays at 9/8c on ID and Available to Stream on discovery+
If you looked into the eyes of a killer, would you know? Yet, on any street, behind any smile, lurks an AMERICAN MONSTER. Never-before-seen-video footage looks straight into the eyes of a killer, hidden in plain sight. Mom next door; dad across the street; the kid who never broke the rules. Anyone can be a MONSTER.
· You Got Me Mean Premieres Sunday, January 8 at 9/8c
Tammy Gardner loves being a mom and running a day care out of her suburban Delaware
home. She also loves a night out on the town, but what starts as innocent fun will lead this 40-
year-old down a very dark path, paved with jealousy and deadly rage.
· Gone Hunting Premieres Sunday, January 15 at 9/8c
Police officer Albert Pacheco and his wife Cathy live a sweet life on Hawaii's Big Island, raising
four kids in the bosom of their close-knit church community. But what looks like a household
steeped in traditional goodness is hiding something evil.
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN
New Episodes Premiere Sundays at 10/9c on ID and Available to Stream on discovery+
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN takes viewers on a thrilling journey inside the most fascinating crime and mystery investigations. First person accounts, along with insight from experts, are featured as each case reaches its dramatic conclusion.
· Confessions and Lies Premieres Sunday, January 8 at 10/9c
The investigation of a brutal murder forces police to challenge both confessions and lies.
· Pretty Pink Bicycle Premieres Sunday, January 15 at 10/9c
A young girl vanishes on a trip to the mailbox. Will her abandoned pink bicycle be the key to solving the disturbing mystery?