[08/18/22 - 12:01 PM] Syfy's "Recipe for Disaster" Stunt Starts Thursday, Aug. 25 The six-night event features fan-favorite disaster movies leading into the cable premiere of Peacock's new series "The End Is Nye," which sees Bill Nye explore the most epic global disasters imaginable.
[via press release from Syfy]
MEDIA ALERT: SYFY'S 'RECIPE FOR DISASTER'
· SYFY presents "Recipe for Disaster," a six-night programming stunt featuring fan-favorite disaster movies leading into the cable premiere of Peacock's new series "The End Is Nye," which sees Bill Nye explore the most epic global disasters imaginable.
· All episodes of "The End Is Nye" will be available on Peacock starting Aug. 25. Episode loglines can be found here. For more information, visit PeacockTV.
Episode 101 - "Hydra Storm"
Five monstrous hurricanes attack Earth and drown the planet; Bill explores the anatomy of a storm to show the steps we can take to survive, slow down, and even prevent deadly hurricanes.
Episode 102 - "The Volcano Paradox"
The largest supervolcano eruption in modern history threatens to ignite the globe; Bill explores the origin of volcanos, how to survive their wrath, and even ways we can harness their boundless underground energy.
Episode 103 - "Forever Blackout"
A powerful solar flare from the Sun plunges civilization into darkness and chaos; Bill exposes the fragility of our electrical world, and investigates how we can better protect ourselves.
Episode 104 - "Midnight at Noon"
Rising temperatures and worsening drought spawn apocalyptic dust storms that endanger the world's food supply; Bill takes us back in time to the original Dust Bowl of the 1930s to demonstrate how we can avoid repeating this dark chapter of our history.
Episode 105 - "One Million Seconds"
Time runs out for humanity when a string of doomsday comets slam into Earth; Bill takes us to the outer-reaches of our solar system to reveal where comets formed billions of years ago, and shows us ways to detect and deflect them before disaster strikes.
Episode 106 - "Ring of Fire"
The mother of all disasters unleashes a torrent of earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions all on the same day, wreaking havoc across five continents; Bill explains why Earth is so dangerous, and how those destructive forces also make life possible on our planet.
· The "Recipe for Disaster" stunt launches Thursday, Aug. 25 at 12 p.m. ET/PT with cult classic "Sharknado" movie marathon. A new episode of "The End Is Nye" will air each night of the event at 10 p.m. for all six days.
· You can watch a promo for SYFY's "Recipe for Disaster" event here:
· The full six-night SYFY event schedule can be found below:
[10/06/22 - 08:56 AM] FOX Wins Fourth Consecutive Premiere Week in L7 Ratings Additionally, FOX's dramas "The Cleaning Lady" and "Monarch" each more than doubled in Total Viewers in 7-Day Multi-Platform measurement, delivering 4.8 million and 3.7 million viewers, respectively.