PEACOCK GREENLIGHTS ALL-NEW PRESCHOOL SERIES FURTHER EXPANDING ROBUST KIDS PROGRAMMING OFFERING
Peacock announced the pickup of CGI/live-action animated pre-school series, THE MAKERY and BABBLE BOP!, further expanding its kid's content.
Peacock is home to a robust slate of kids programming which includes all the adventurous and animated content you need! See everyone's favorite little monkey with the full collection of CURIOUS GEORGE(R) films and TV episodes and join the hair-raising adventures of the Trolls in DreamWorks TROLLSTOPIA.
Additional Peacock Original kids content includes the comedy series TAKE NOTE (Coming Soon), CREATE THE ESCAPE (Streaming October 7), BACKYARD BLOWOUT (Now Streaming) DreamWorks DRAGONS RESCUE RIDERS: HEROES OF THE SKY (Streaming November 24), ARCHIBALD'S NEXT BIG THING IS HERE! (Now Streaming), WHERE'S WALDO? (Now Streaming) and more!
· THE MAKERY is a make-and-do series that educates through play and inspires children to explore their imagination and creativity. The series will consist of 25, 15-minute episodes.
· THE MAKERY is the first series as part of Peacock's new partnership with Sky Kids, alongside the previously announced musical comedy TAKE NOTE.
· Each themed episode inspires our host to take our viewers on an arty adventure to make, bake and create. Ideas are exciting yet simple enough to get every age to engage. THE MAKERY is an incredible place with huge personality, where imaginations can run wild. Prepare for the unexpected as its quirky ideas inspires everyone at home to be passionate about creating - whether that's scribbling in a sketchpad or concocting tasty treats in the kitchen.
· THE MAKERY is no ordinary building, it's an extraordinary funhouse full of quirky craft, amazing art, bonkers bakes, and inspiring ideas. It even talks! This surreal space is peppered with comedic, mechanical, and animated elements that bring it to life.
· In each episode, our host, who the magical Makery makes sure to keep a beady eye on, is usually up to mischief. The Makery takes inspiration from their silly shenanigans to set the day's theme. THE MAKERY takes the viewer on a narrative journey through each episode, instigating exciting ideas and creative fun while laughing and joking.
· The MAKERY is co-commissioned for Peacock and Sky Kids with Terrific Television. Richard Hunt serves as series producer for Terrific Television alongside Nic Ayling and Driana Jones as executive producers. Ian France serves as executive producer for Sky Kids.
· BABBLE BOP! introduces a musical dance jamboree series for preschoolers comprised of 72 two-and-a-half-minute original and nursery rhyme songs, delivered in half-hour themed blocks. The series is coming this December to Peacock.
· A foot-tapping, hand-clapping, baby-bottom wiggling, sing-along world of music, dance and preschool play. With a mix of new takes on classic nursery rhymes and original songs, this inclusive short-form series is intended for social and emotional learning for the pre-k set.
· The characters are quite young so their world is small, but miraculous! Heroes Lily, Hugo, Miguel, Izzie and Sam will play the day away movin' and boppin' and havin' a ball to awesome, catchy, repeatable - and sometimes very familiar - songs. The series holds up a magnifying glass to the little things in their life: having a snack, dressing up, drawing with crayons, watching the clouds, or playfully helping their parents (who are always around if not on camera) as best they can. The Boppers love nothing more than to help out!
· With music at the heart of BABBLE BOP!, each episode will be constructed around a simple and danceable preschool song, either original or a new take on a beloved nursery rhyme or traditional song.
· BABBLE BOP! was produced at Dark Slope Studios 8000 sq foot motion tracking stage facility. Dan Fill and Raja Khanna serve as the executive producers and Christine Thompson as producer. The series was written by Katherine Standford and directed by Luke Jurevicius and Tim D.P. Thompson.
· Peacock previously announced the comedy series TAKE NOTE that follows a group of contestants from across the country competing in a fictional reality singing competition, "Take Note." 10 half-hour episodes have been ordered, offering additional family and kids programming.
· The series will star Braelyn Rankins ("Doom Patrol," "Genius: Aretha") as Calvin Richards, Nadine Roden ("Designated Survivor," "Murdoch Mysteries") as Calvin's mom Bria Richards, Aadin Church (theater's "Dreamgirls," "Sister Act") as Calvin's dad Reggie Richards, and Sebastian Spencer ("Overlord and the Underwoods") as Calvin's brother Jordan Richards.
· 14-year-old Calvin Richards has a wonderful, close-knit family who can survive anything as long as they're together. And good thing because Calvin was chosen to compete on a tween reality singing show - "Take Note" - and they're going to spend the summer navigating the crazy ups and downs of new friendships and competitions, while being thrust into the national spotlight.
· TAKE NOTE will introduce a new generation to Pop, R&B, Country, and Rock classics along with originals by emerging musicians written specifically for the series.
· TAKE NOTE is produced by Lambur Productions. Creator Joan Lambur serves as Executive Producer. Co-showrunners Earl Davis ("Wu-Tang: An American Saga," "Teenage Bounty Hunters," "Sherri") and Michael Feldman ("Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn," "Sonny with a Chance," "That's So Raven") will also executive produce.