NETFLIX ANNOUNCES NEW SERIES "JIGSAW," AN INNOVATIVE, SUSPENSEFUL CRIME THRILLER
From Showrunner Eric Garcia And Scott Free / Automatik
The Cast Includes Giancarlo Esposito, Paz Vega, Rufus Sewell, Tati Gabrielle, Peter Mark Kendall, Rosaline Elbay, Jai Courtney And Niousha Noor
· Netflix today announced the new series Jigsaw, a thrilling, action-packed heist drama that takes an innovative nonlinear approach to storytelling in a way where viewers are in control.
· The series is currently filming at Netflix Studios: Brooklyn, making it the first production at the company's new Bushwick studio.
· Logline: Spanning 24 years, Jigsaw centers around the largest heist ever attempted, and the vengeance, scheming, loyalties, and betrayals that surround it. It's loosely inspired by the real-life story where seventy billion dollars in bonds went missing in downtown Manhattan during Hurricane Sandy.
· Format / Episodes: The series consists of eight parts ranging from 24 years before the heist to 1 year post-heist and takes a non-linear approach to storytelling that builds intrigue and suspense.
· Starring: Giancarlo Esposito (he/him), Paz Vega (she/her), Rufus Sewell (he/him), Tati Gabrielle (she/her), Peter Mark Kendall (he/him), Rosaline Elbay (she/her), Jai Courtney (he/him) and Niousha Noor (she/her)
· Creator / Showrunner / Executive Producer: Eric Garcia (Matchstick Men, Repo Men, Anonymous Rex)
· Director: Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) will direct the first two episodes
· Executive Producers: Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker and Jordan Sheehan with Scott Free Productions; Fred Berger, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, and Justin Levy with Automatik Entertainment; and Russell Fine
Giancarlo Esposito (he/him) as "Leo Pap" - A natural leader, Leo is whip-smart, intense and driven, with an engineer's mind and a meticulous eye for detail. He became a thief at a young age -- and though he had a chance to get out, he couldn't stay away from the criminal life and his relapse cost him his family and his freedom.
Paz Vega (she/her) as "Ava Mercer" - An attorney by day, she is equally at home on a gun range or gallery show as she is in the courtroom. Although she plays things fast and loose, deep down she's a passionate soul who will do anything to protect the few people close to her.
Rufus Sewell (he/him) as "Roger Salas"
A former thief who has reinvented himself as a top tier security expert, Roger is a salesman with an uncanny ability to manipulate people to his ends. Loyal, to a point, but his own ambitions and needs will win out every time.
Tati Gabrielle (she/her) as "Hannah Kim" - Intelligent, ambitious, and adaptable, Hannah is a woman who wears many hats - and is driven by far more than money. As a chameleon who flows between the world of high-stakes finance and low-lying crime, she will have to use everything in her bag of tricks to find a way up and out.
Peter Mark Kendall (he/him) as "Stan Loomis" - A small-time smuggler with a big-time passion for life's epicurean pleasures, Stan's got a mouth that never stops running and the heart of a hopeless romantic. Loyal to a fault, he's willing to risk it all for the object of his desire -- even if it means giving up the comfortable life he's built for himself.
Rosaline Elbay (she/her) as "Judy Goodwin" - The crew's demolitions specialist, Judy is headstrong and independent -- an eccentric spitfire with a sarcastic edge who is clever and talented enough to stay a step ahead of her mistakes.
Jai Courtney (he/him) as "Bob Goodwin" - A chest-puffing alpha male with a knack for safecracking and pushing people's buttons, Bob is attractive enough to be a threat and smart enough to be dangerous to anyone who gets in his way when he's on the hunt.
Niousha Noor (she/her) as "Nazan Abassi"- Driven, damaged and tenacious to a fault, FBI Agent Nazan Abassi is the raging fire that threatens to burn our crew of thieves down - as long as those flames don't consume her first.