[10/06/22 - 09:05 AM] Video: Disney+ Releases Official Trailer for the Original Series "Limitless with Chris Hemsworth" from National Geographic All episodes of the series premiere November 16, exclusively on Disney+.
[via press release from Disney+]
Disney+ Releases Official Trailer for the Original Series "Limitless with Chris Hemsworth" from National Geographic
All Six Episodes of the Series, Where the Global Movie Star Explores How We All Can Live Better for Longer, Begin Streaming on Nov. 16
The Series Hails from Academy Award(R)-Nominated Filmmaker Darren Aronofsky and Protozoa Pictures, Jane Root's Nutopia, and Chris Hemsworth and
Ben Grayson's Wild State
BURBANK, Calif. (Oct. 06, 2022) - Today, Disney+ revealed the official trailer for the original series "Limitless with Chris Hemsworth" from National Geographic. In the six-part documentary series, global movie star Chris Hemsworth ("Extraction," "Thor," "The Avengers") takes viewers on a rollercoaster personal journey as he explores how to combat aging and discover the full potential of the human body. Building on the latest scientific research, "Limitless" shatters conventional wisdom about maximizing life. All episodes of the series premiere Nov. 16, exclusively on Disney+.
From Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Darren Aronofsky ("The Whale," "Black Swan") and his production company Protozoa, Jane Root's Nutopia, and Chris Hemsworth and Ben Grayson's newly formed Wild State, "Limitless" puts cutting-edge science of human longevity center-stage. Part global scientific adventure, part personal journey, each episode of the series follows Chris as he takes up a gauntlet of physical and mental feats designed by world-class experts, scientists and doctors to unlock different aspects of the aging process. Each meticulously crafted challenge is rooted in game-changing science, drawing on new research and long-held traditions. Chris' mission is to understand the limits of the human body better and discover ways we can all extend health and happiness into old age.
Keeping himself in peak physical condition and best known for portraying an immortal superhero, Chris has always taken care of his health and fitness. But, now in his late 30s, he wants to find out how to harness the potential of his mind and body to stay sharper, stronger and healthier for longer - not only for himself and his children but for his children's children too. Each challenge pushes Chris further than he has ever gone before. Through the series, viewers will learn techniques they can use to improve their health and enhance their own lives.
Years in the making and with his friends and family alongside, including wife Elsa Pataky and brothers Luke Hemsworth and Liam Hemsworth, Chris entered into "Limitless," determined to explore his emotional and cognitive health in addition to challenging his physical limits. Open-minded and honest, he worked tirelessly to enhance his mental resilience and face up to some of the toughest realities life holds for all of us. It's an experience that is deep, authentic and humbling for Chris. In addition to his daring and emotional challenges, "Limitless" also shares fascinating stories from around the world of people who have woven the lessons of longevity into their own lives, with surprising benefits we can all reap.
Chris didn't want to just talk about the scientific theories that might extend and improve his life; he wanted to test them for real - and he wanted to go big! Every epic challenge is spectacular and unique. They include swimming 800 feet across a 36-degree Arctic fjord, climbing a 100-foot rope dangling over a canyon, and walking along a crane atop a 900-foot-tall skyscraper, 80 stories high.
Each challenge requires an authentic training and immersion program from Chris alongside world-class experts. Some, like the rope climb over a canyon, needed months of preparation. Others, like Chris' four-day long water-only fast, were (thankfully!) much shorter, but it was so tough he almost walked away from it all. The enlisted experts and scientists who guided Chris through six fundamental aspects of living better for longer include:
· Ross Edgley, an extreme athlete and sports science author, prepares Chris' body to handle a swim in nearly freezing waters;
· Dr. Peter Attia, a longevity physician at Attia Medical, teaches Chris the science of aging and how to combat it through different techniques;
· Professor Modupe Akinola, an associate professor of management at Columbia Business School, gives Chris the tools to deal with his stress head-on;
· Dr. Sharon Sha, a doctor and clinical associate professor and associate vice chair of clinical research neurology and neurological sciences for Stanford Center for Memory Disorders, helps Chris combat his mind's aging process;
· Dr. BJ Miller, president and counselor at Mettle Health, guides Chris on a journey through old age and mortality;
· Alua Arthur, death doula and founder of Going with Grace, gets Chris to open up about his own death; and
· Tanya Streeter, a professional freediver, coaches Chris on his underwater breath-holding capacity.
The six episodes streaming on Nov. 16 include the following:
· Stress-Proof: Ever since his teenage years, stress has been part of Chris' life, and he wants to learn how to deal with it better. Psychologist Modupe Akinola challenges him to stay calm during a terrifying walk along a crane that's projecting out from the roof of a skyscraper. Modupe will train Chris in powerful physical and psychological techniques we can use to control the stress in our lives and combat the risk it poses to long-term health.
· Shock: To maximize longevity, you might think it's best to play it safe and stay cozy. But some scientists believe we should do the opposite, as exposure to extreme temperatures can trigger our bodies' own defenses against the killer diseases of old age. Chris heads for the freezing Arctic with his brothers Liam and Luke to take on the ultimate cold therapy.
· Fasting: Chris turns to longevity doctor Peter Attia to find out how changing his eating habits can help his quest for longevity. Ironically, the answer is to eat no food at all for four long days. If he can bear the hunger, fasting will unlock his body's own anti-aging powers and give Chris the edge he needs when he tries to hunt for his next meal ... by spearfishing off the Great Barrier Reef.
· Strength: As Chris bulks up for "Thor: Love and Thunder," he needs to build a body that looks right for an immortal god. But, he also wants the kind of muscles that are scientifically proven to help him stay strong and healthy as he grows older in real life. Teaming up with extreme sports guru Ross Edgley, he trains for a grueling 100-foot rope climb challenge, changing him from an ornament into an instrument.
· Memory: Chris has always worked to keep his body healthy; now it's time to start looking after his brain. Neurologist Dr. Sharon Sha challenges him to go off-grid into the wilderness without a GPS or map. Teaming up with his buddy, First Nations artist Otis Hope Carey, Chris will need to tune into nature to navigate through Otis' remote ancestral homeland. The hike stirs up Chris' most precious memories.
· Acceptance: So far, Chris has done everything possible to delay the aging process. Now he's facing his most extreme and emotional challenge: three days in a retirement village while wearing an aging suit that turns the simplest activity into a Herculean task. He's testing the theory that the best way to combat aging and fear of mortality might not be to fight it but accept it.
"Limitless with Chris Hemsworth" is produced by Protozoa, Nutopia and Wild State for National Geographic. Chris Hemsworth and Ben Grayson are executive producers for Wild State. Darren Aronofsky and Ari Handel are executive producers for Protozoa. For Nutopia, Jane Root, Arif Nurmohamed and Ruth Shurman are executive producers. Bengt Anderson and Matt Renner are executive producers for National Geographic.
For more information on the series, please visit: https://dmedmedia.disney.com/disney-plus/limitless-with-chris-hemsworth
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, along with The Simpsons and much more. In select international markets, it also includes the general entertainment content brand, Star. The flagship direct-to-consumer streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, Disney+ is part of the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment. The service offers an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series, and short-form content. With unprecedented access to Disney's long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the newest releases from The Walt Disney Studios. Disney+ is available as a standalone streaming service, as part of the Disney Bundle in the U.S. that gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, or as part of Combo+ in Latin America with Star+, the standalone general entertainment and sports streaming service in the region. For more, visit disneyplus.com, or find the Disney+ app on most mobile and connected TV devices.
About National Geographic Partners
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 134 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers ... and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education. For more information, visit natgeotv.com or nationalgeographic.com, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
About Protozoa Pictures
Protozoa Pictures, based in Chinatown NYC, is headed by Darren Aronofsky and his partner, Ari Handel. Their past film credits include Aronofsky's π, REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, THE FOUNTAIN, THE WRESTLER, BLACK SWAN, NOAH, mother! and THE WHALE; as well as Pablo Larrain's JACKIE, Yann Demange's WHITE BOY RICK, Lance Oppenheim's documentary SOME KIND OF HEAVEN, Josef Kobuta Wladyka's CATCH THE FAIR ONE, and Alex Pritz's recent documentary THE TERRITORY. Their upcoming films include Tobias Lindholm's THE GOOD NURSE and Jack Begert's LITTLE DEATH. Their recent TV credits include ONE STRANGE ROCK and WELCOME TO EARTH for Nat Geo, and BLACK GOLD for Paramount+. Upcoming will be LIMITLESS and SENTIENT for Nat Geo, and KINDRED for FX.
Nutopia is known for creating award-winning, factual series on a global scale, and a new genre of television, the "mega-doc," which combines epic cinematography with action-driven drama or high-end documentary and A-list talent. Nutopia's critical successes include the award-winning series "One Strange Rock" for National Geographic, "The Last Czars" for Netflix, "Extra Life: A Short History of Living Longer" for PBS, "A World of Calm" for HBO Max, "Babies" for Netflix, "The World According to Jeff Goldblum" and "Welcome to the Earth" with Will Smith for Disney+. Upcoming projects include "African Queens" with Jada Pinkett Smith for Netflix and a new six-episode series with José Andrés for Discovery Plus.