FOX'S "THE MASKED SINGER" WINS PREMIERE WEEK IN LIVE + 28 DAYS RATINGS FOR THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR
Hit Singing Competition Marks First Unscripted Program Ever to
Kick Off Television Season as #1 Program Three Straight Years
ALTER EGO Ranks as Season's #1 New Unscripted Series
9-1-1 Delivers Highest Ratings Point Lift from Live + Same Day Among All Programs;
OUR KIND OF PEOPLE and THE BIG LEAP More than Double Total Viewers Across All Platforms
FOX's hit singing competition program, THE MASKED SINGER, ranked as the #1 entertainment series of Premiere Week for the third year running. This marks the third year THE MASKED SINGER won Premiere Week and, notably, the first time ever an unscripted program won Premiere Week for three straight seasons.
Leading out of THE MASKED SINGER, the series premiere of ALTER EGO ranks as this season's #1 new unscripted series, while for the first time in its history, FOX had the #1 entertainment show on four nights of Premiere Week (9-1-1 on Monday; THE MASKED SINGER on Wednesday and Thursday; and THE SIMPSONS on Sunday).
FOX's hit drama, 9-1-1, has registered the highest ratings point lift from Live + Same Day than any other program during Premiere Week, while OUR KIND OF PEOPLE and THE BIG LEAP each more than doubled their total viewership in multiplatform performance.
FOX's 2021-22 Season Premiere Week highlights include:
· THE MASKED SINGER was Premiere Week's #1 entertainment program for the third consecutive year, marking the first time in television history that an unscripted program ranked as Premiere Week's #1 entertainment series for three consecutive years.
· THE MASKED SINGER vaulted FOX to claim the #1 program on Wednesday of Premiere Week for the seventh straight year.
· For the first time in its history, FOX had Thursday's #1 entertainment program (THE MASKED SINGER, 1.6/12 L28) of Premiere Week.
· Excluding post-NFL, THE MASKED SINGER was FOX's most-watched Thursday unscripted series telecast in more than five years (since 4/7/16, American Idol).
· FOX opened Premiere Week with the:
· #1 entertainment program (THE MASKED SINGER)
· #1 unscripted program (THE MASKED SINGER)
· #1 comedy (THE SIMPSONS)
· #1 new series among Blacks A18-49 (OUR KIND OF PEOPLE)
· #1 new Unscripted series (ALTER EGO)
· #1T drama (9-1-1)
· For the first time in its history, FOX had the #1 entertainment show on four nights of Premiere Week:
· Monday (9-1-1)
· Wednesday (THE MASKED SINGER)
· Thursday (THE MASKED SINGER)
· Sunday (THE SIMPSONS)
· 9-1-1 (1.7 L28) was Premiere Week's #1T scripted telecast (tied Chicago PD).
· 9-1-1 gained nearly a full rating point in 28-day playback and had the highest Adults 18-49 rating L+28 lift vs. L+SD of all Premiere Week programs (+0.9; 1.7 L+28 vs. 0.8 L+SD).
· 9-1-1 totaled 13.5 million viewers in 28-day P2+ multiplatform audience, setting a new series record +165% gain vs. L+SD.
· For two straight years, THE SIMPSONS has been Premiere Week's #1 comedy, joining The Big Bang Theory, The Office, Friends and Seinfeld as the only other comedy to do so over the past 30 years.
· The season premiere of THE SIMPSONS (1.3/8 L28) ranked as Sunday's #1 entertainment program.
· ALTER EGO ranks as the season's most-watched (3.7 million P2+ L28) and #1 (0.8 A18-49 L28) unscripted debut.
· Across 28-day streaming, FOX's animation saw gains from year ago season premieres with BOB'S BURGERS (2.8 million Hulu + FOX NOW) +3% and FAMILY GUY (3.5 million Hulu + FOX NOW) +16%.
· In total multiplatform 28-day viewing, both FAMILY GUY (6.1 million P2+ multiplatform, +287%) and BOB'S BURGERS (4.9 million P2+ multiplatform, +207%) more than tripled their respective L +SD audiences.
· The debuts of OUR KIND OF PEOPLE (4.2 million, +153%) and THE BIG LEAP (3.2 million, +117%) each more than doubled their L+SD audience in 28-day multiplatform viewing
· In 28-day multiplatform audience (7.5 million P2+ multiplatform), THE RESIDENT's Season Five premiere posted its highest lift (+149%) from L+SD in nearly two years (since 11/5/19).
· FOX ranked #1 in Adults 18-34 for its third consecutive year.