USA NETWORK'S "AMERICA'S BIG DEAL," THE FIRST EVER LIVE SHOPPABLE COMPETITION SERIES FROM JOY MANGANO, ANNOUNCES POWERHOUSE RETAIL GIANTS QVC & HSN, LOWE'S AND MACY'S AS SHOW'S PANEL
Featuring Titans from Each Brand, including Joy Mangano for QVC & HSN, Innovative Series' Panel of Retailers to Offer Life-Changing Deals to Entrepreneurs
Premiering Thursday, Oct. 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, "America's Big Deal" is Powered By One Platform Commerce @ NBCU, with ShoppableTV and NBCUniversal Checkout Allowing Home Viewers Immediate Buying Power to Decide Whose Dreams Come True
NEW YORK - Oct. 6, 2021 - USA Network has set its powerhouse retail panel for the new, first-of-its-kind shoppable LIVE competition series "America's Big Deal" from world renowned inventor and entrepreneur Joy Mangano and hosted by Emmy Award-nominated "Access Hollywood" journalist Scott Evans. Several of America's biggest retail giants, QVC and HSN, Lowe's and Macy's, will join forces like never before to be a part of this groundbreaking series that has a mission to lift up the nation's greatest inventors and small businesses by inviting them to sell their products live on-air to home viewers through One Platform Commerce @ NBCU. Each week competitors will take the stage to pitch their product to America and the person with the highest dollar sales at the end of the show will win the chance to strike a life-changing deal with one of the three retail giants.
Premiering Thursday, Oct. 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on USA Network, "America's Big Deal" will introduce the at-home audience to aspiring entrepreneurs who, after facing a challenging year for small businesses, are eager to sell their ingenious, ready-to-ship products live in primetime. Their inventive products will cross a wide range of product categories, including home solutions, electronics, games, pets and many more. Knowing a dream, nationwide retail purchase order is on the line for the entrepreneur who makes the highest dollar sales, these inventors will prepare bold and innovative product pitches. By purchasing their favorite products each week using ShoppableTV and NBCUniversal Checkout, live viewers at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT will take an active role in deciding which entrepreneur will stand before the retail panel as the night's winner.
As giants in their respective industries, QVC and HSN, Lowe's and Macy's will each have a brand representative on the panel. Throughout each episode, all three panelists will offer the entrepreneurs marketplace insights and invaluable business advice based on their professional expertise and experience. The entrepreneur with the highest sales during the episode's buying window will be declared the winner with the opportunity for life-changing potential purchase order deal offers from any of the three retailers.
Meet "America's Big Deal" Retail Titans:
· QVC and HSN: World leaders in video commerce across broadcast, streaming, mobile, and social platforms, QVC and HSN offer engaging, interactive shopping experiences full of joy, inspiration and humanity for millions of people and large audiences for thousands of vendors. At both retailers, customers can expect to discover exceptional, curated selections in home, fashion, beauty, electronics, and jewelry, from familiar brands and fresh new entrepreneurs.
· Represented by Joy Mangano (CEO of The Joy Company and Top-Selling On-Air Personality): One of America's most celebrated entrepreneurs and "America's Big Deal" executive producer, Joy will also have a prime seat on the panel by representing the very retail giants that launched her storied career, QVC and HSN. Joy will bring her mission to lift inventors and small businesses nationwide full circle by applying her years of experience and success with QVC and HSN to help make new dreams comes true.
· LOWE'S: One of the largest home improvement retailers in the world, Lowe's offers customers a total home solution, empowering both the do-it-yourself customer and the professional contractor to make homes better for all. The company has supported entrepreneurs and small businesses through critical relief grants during the pandemic and its signature pitch program, Making It... With Lowe's, which offers diverse entrepreneurs the opportunity to get their products on Lowes.com and in more than 1,700 Lowe's stores nationwide.
· Represented by the Lowe's Rotating Executive Team, in order of appearance:
· Marisa Thalberg (Executive Vice President, Chief Brand and Marketing Officer) - A globally recognized business strategist and brand-building innovator, Marisa is responsible for leading the marketing organization and innovating new ways to inspire and engage customers.
· Don Frieson (Executive Vice President, Supply Chain) - With more than 30 years of operations and supply chain experience, Don is responsible for the company's distribution centers, logistics, transportation and delivery services.
· Bill Boltz (Executive Vice President, Merchandising) - With more than three decades of retail operations, marketing and merchandising experience, Bill oversees Lowe's in-store and online merchandising, private brand product development, pricing, item setup, global sourcing, as well as inventory planning and replenishment.
· MACY'S: Through a digitally-led shopping experience powered by http://macys.com and a nationwide portfolio of stores, Macy's inspires customers to find their personal style through the curation of great high-quality products by the best brands at great value and expert advice.
· Represented by Durand Guion (Vice President, Macy's Fashion Office) - Durand Guion is an accomplished fashion executive with over 25 years of experience forecasting trends, discovering new brands, developing collaborations, creating dynamic marketing and visual campaigns and inspiring a wide range of consumers, colleagues and business partners.
At the top of each "America's Big Deal" episode, viewers will be prompted to participate in the upcoming shoppable competition experience in three easy steps:
1. Scan the ShoppableTV code that appears on-screen.
2. Shop your favorite products.
3. Complete your purchase seamlessly with NBCUniversal Checkout. After checking out, your order will be on its way.
For the latest updates on "America's Big Deal," visit www.shopamericasbigdeal.com.
The series' executive producers are DIGA Studios' Tony DiSanto, Nick Rigg, Shawn Strickland and showrunner Alison Holloway. Joy Mangano also serves as executive producer.
ABOUT QVC(R) AND HSN(R)
QVC and HSN are world leaders in video commerce across broadcast, streaming, mobile, and social platforms, offering engaging, interactive shopping experiences for millions of people and large audiences for thousands of vendors.
QVC delivers the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics, and jewelry. Along the way, QVC connects shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award-winning customer service. Worldwide, QVC engages millions of shoppers via 12 broadcast networks and multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps, and social pages. Based in West Chester, Pa., and founded in 1986, QVC has retail operations in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Japan, and Italy.
HSN delivers the thrill of discovery through inspiring the customer's passions. HSN is a leading interactive and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, personalities, and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in health and beauty, jewelry, home/lifestyle, fashion/accessories, and electronics. HSN engages millions of customers across the U.S. via two broadcast networks, a website, and multiple streaming services, mobile apps, and social pages. HSN was founded over 40 years ago as the first shopping network and is based in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB, QRTEP) includes QVC, HSN, Zulily(R) and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail GroupSM"), as well as other minority interests and green energy investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a Third Way to Shop(R) - beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. In addition to being a world leader in video commerce, Qurate Retail Group is among the top ecommerce retailers in North America (according to Digital Commerce 360) and is a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE(R) 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
For more than 160 years, Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc., has served generations at every stage of their lives. Through a digitally led shopping experience powered by macys.com, our award-winning mobile app and a nationwide portfolio of stores, Macy's customers come to us for fashion, value and high-quality products. We are proud of our heritage and the unique role we play in American culture and tradition. We celebrate occasions big and small and have created decades of memorable experiences through Macy's 4th of July Fireworks(R) and Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade(R), as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. With the collective support of our customers and colleagues, Macy's helps make a difference in every market we serve, supporting local and national charities through funding and volunteer service. With fashion, value and celebration as our guide, Macy's makes life shine brighter for our customers, colleagues and communities.
ABOUT USA NETWORK
USA Network has been a top-five cable entertainment brand for over 20 years and is home to the most compelling television properties in the industry. Serving a broad, passionate fanbase, USA's diverse slate includes popular award-winning dramas, unfiltered family comedies, buzzy unscripted, weekly live WWE programming, high-octane sporting events and a portfolio of sought-after acquired series and movies. USA is part of the NBCUniversal Television and Streaming portfolio, which includes NBCU's broadcast, cable and streaming platforms: NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Universal Kids, USA Network and Peacock. For more information, visit usanetwork.com.
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
ABOUT DIGA STUDIOS
DIGA Studios is a next-gen content studio committed to great storytelling across formats, genres and platforms. Founded by former MTV President Tony DiSanto and staffed with a deep bench of industry innovators, DIGA productions are marked by a unique pop sensibility that resonates with youthful audiences worldwide. DIGA Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of ALLYANCE Media Group. For more information, visit digastudios.com.